Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 1 month ago

There are blood clots in my urine?

Hi. I know I should go to the doctor about this but I don't wanna go there and end up wasting everybody's time yknow? I just wanna know what other people think first so I know this is actually serious. Like who knows this was more common than I thought right?

I am 18, 90kg (198lbs) and 165cm (5"5) and I am a girl.

I started on anti-depressants three years ago, and I began taking olanzapine for approx. a year now (for hypomania). That explains the dramatic weight gain. But before being prescribed olanz, they made me take several blood tests to make sure I'll be able to take it and I passed.

My last period was 187 days (approx. 6 months). My doctor never warned me about absence of period but she did warn me about the weight gain.

A few days ago, I began having to go to the bathroom more often than I usually would. Especially at night. It doesn't hurt when I take a piss or have to ****. My piss was darker than usual but I was like nah, just the lighting. Today, I realise there are many dark red worm-like strings in my piss and I was like ohh ****, am I in trouble? When I flashed my flashlight over my piss, it was actually darker than usual.

I have been drinking more water than usual. And, I had bad stomachaches recently (they're gone now).

If you guys have any common knowledge, or any knowledge at all about what could be happening, lmk. I just don't know if it's worth paying to see a doctor for this. I could be dumb and this is actually serious lmao.

Right, gotta pee.

187 days ago*

Favorite Answer

You definitely need to see a dr. It may be just some kind of bladder infection but if you're passing blood, it's a bad one and needs treatment. If the problem is your kidneys, you need to be seen and treated right away.You don't want kidney damage. 

You need to mention the loss of your period too. It may be the meds but it is unusual.

• Blonde

You may have a kidney infection. It can be diagnosed by a blood test (to checkfor infection) and urine test (to check for protein levels in urine). Do not take any fluoride drugs, aka ; Flox antibiotics. Erythromycin is normally the best cure of kidney infections. Flox drugs have severe long term side effects.

It is most definitely worth going to the doctor and they will NOT say you're wasting their time. An infection or whatever could have actually got right back to your kidneys, and as kidneys cannot self-repair, it is very important to preserve whatever functionality still remains. There are ways of doing this and of clearing any infection they find. So don't leave this any longer, just go.. even to the ER if you can't get an urgent appointment.

• Lili

Significant blood in your urine requires immediate medical attention.  Why you think seeing a doctor would be "wasting time" is beyond me.

Make an appointment ASAP.