Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 1 month ago

I need some dating advice. She is 58 and I am 43. We have known each other forever. She has been divorced for a year now.?

I want to ask her out. Do you think the age difference will be good in the long run?  I have never met someone so sweet, fun and down to earth. Any other people dating someone older.

Favorite Answer

No reason not to ask her out.

I once dated a divorced woman who was older than me.

• Dr. Stephanie

No reason? See my comments below.

I say go for it ;)

• She's cute!  My husband is ten years younger than I and, we have been happily married for 35 years.  

Take baby-steps and become good friends first. This is vital!  It's how my husband roped me in!  lol!

May you have success!  :D

Source(s): Life is Good!
    • bart1 month agoReport

I'm going ask for coffee meet up and take it slow

When I was 45 , I began dating a 55 year old man. Neither of us are interested in getting married again so that was a good thing for both of us as we were on the same page, relationship-wise. We do have a committed relationship and have been dating for 15 years. I am now 60 years old and he is 70 years old.

A 10 year age difference is really no big deal if you're both in good health. Howsoever, I never imagined that I would be with a man who no longer has energy, has virtually lost his sex drive, is hard of hearing so communicating has become an issue, he doesn't like driving at night and he suffers from aches and pains. Although I am not the Energizer Bunny, I feel as though his lack of or inability 2 engage in activities that I am interested in are somewhat holding me back. Therefore, I find myself planning things without him.

Well, its a mixed bag so I can't really recommend dating her or not. You really seem to enjoy her, that's the positive side, as well as the age difference not bothering you...YET ! But honey, I married a man seventeen years old than I am, and I can tell you from long experience (close to forty years, now!), that it does indeed make a huge difference as you both grow older. You can imagine all the ramifications yourself...energy, sex, life styles, family and friends, and much more. While I am in a happy marriage, I wouldn't knowingly do this again . So if you're thinking of having someone to pal around with, fine, but if you're looking to marry, have children (?), think carefully before you pursue this one. Good wishes, 

• bart1 month agoReport

Luckily I have kids came she does to. We share same interests and she told me she want to make sure I'm happy. 

She's at a very different time of her life to you, which is something you might not realize right now, but will become very obvious in five years time. She might be fun now, but will she be when she's older? Think about it. Go out as friends, but leave dating behind.

• bart1 month agoReport

Maybe litt!e fun on side but leaving dating on standby

I was the older woman but we were both in our twenties, young, needless to say it didn't work out and not because of the age difference.

You may take a chance on losing a good friend it's up to you.

Good Luck and God Bless.

In the long run, consider that when you're 53 she'll be a senior citizen at 68. b And, at 63, when you're ready for retirement you'll be caring for a 78 year old senior. I'm 78 and am honestly speaking;

• bart1 month agoReport

She will be a cute senior citizen

• RP

A fair answer is it may make a big difference or it may be irrelevant. The only ones whose opinion matters are you and the woman. If you are both okay with it, then the difference in age is irrelevant. On the other hand, if either of you has reservations about the 15 year difference, then it could be a problem.

nothing  ventured nothing gained. age is not a real barrier unless either of you think it is . I have friend married to a girl 12 years younger . There is  no issue it being other way around, all down to both of you  being on same wavelength.  we will forever regret not asking her out and at least finding out if she has an interest in you.  if not? we all make mistakes in life and move on. however when we get old it is not mistakes we regret ,,its NOT doing something when we could. be brave and  tell you her  find her interesting and want to get to know her better if she Ok with  exploring things?  good luck