Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 9 months ago

Crisis team told me they are discharging my care back to my GP. What does this mean? They no longer want to deal with my mental health?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

You seem to have intuited with many of us already know. 

Doctors, psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, etc. in this country have no idea what they’re doing. 

If your unfortunate enough to become ‘mentally ill’ or physically ill In this country you’re kind of screwed.

The optimal situation is to avoid going to doctors and psychiatrists or so-called mental health professionals whenever possible.

Find good alternative doctors if you can, try to get a lot of exercise, spend time in nature, and things like that. Pursue a spiritual approach to life if at all possible. 

The materialism and stupidity of the  mainstream medical and mental health industry destroys lives here.

• 9 months ago

This is a Good Thing, it means that your GP believes you are healthy and do Not suffer from any mental health issues. Don't Worry, Be Happy. This is positive. 

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

It actually means they think you aren't that mentally ill and you are doing OK. I chose to take it as a compliment. (My stupid friends rang the crisis team on me because I apparently threatened to kill myself when they were insisting on turning off the life support to my husband of 20 years who'd been perfectly well the night before. And all anyone really cared about was my kids not me.) I took it as a compliment that after talking to me they immediately referred me back to my GP though. Although it IS true that it's partly they are doing it due to lack of funding as well. Basically it means you are not considered mentally ill enough to need them after they assessed you.

• Lili
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Obviously it means they think you no longer need them.

What else would it mean?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

yes.   That is what it means.  You are Looney-Tunes.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

they may think u are well enough.

• 9 months ago

No. It means they think the crisis has passed and you are well enough to go

under the care of your general practitioner.

• 9 months ago

They often will give recommended treatment plan outlined so your family provider can manage your needs. They often can still discuss your needs to get advice.

• 9 months ago

It means they think your are reasonably stable and doing quite well.

• 9 months ago

It means they no longer feel you require their level of expertise and your GP is capable of managing your health needs.

This will free up enough of their time and funding to treat another person in crisis.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.