Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 9 months ago

Can you eat fudge during any seasons of the year or is it only acceptable to eat it during the holidays?

Would it be okay to have chocolate fudge, vanilla fudge or peanut butter fudge during any season? 

I didn’t mean acceptable as in mandated but I meant m would it be strange to eat fudge in summer/spring? Cause people sometimes affiliate fudge with the holidays.

Why not? While it’s a customary sweet served at holiday time, if you enjoy it...

• denise

I'd eat it anytime of the year, if I could [I'm diabetic] so, very little and 'not' very often! 

Acceptable by who ?  Are there people out there with strong fudge beliefs ??

Absolutely not, "fudge season" is the only time it is ok to eat fudge. Fudge season begins May 1 and lasts till Sept. 1 only on leap years,

Fudge is sold year round. 

Many "Tourist" destinations have shops that make a great deal of money making and selling fudge. 

It is sold a lot and made a lot around holidays because people are buying things they normally would not buy and fudge seems to be an "indulgent" candy and not one people make or eat often. 

Only on the holidays otherwise the fudge packers could go on strike if too much fudge is consumed all year.

Why wouldn't it be ok? Name one reason

• Jen

There are people who eat fudge year round. There's no law saying it is only allowed at Christmas.

Of course. In fact - it would be okay to have a full 'Christmas dinner' in the middle of July. You eat what you want - WHEN you want. There are no rules.

• Bill

The fudge police will arrest you.