will my teenage years be wasted with a baby stepsibling on the way?

so my mom and stepdad are having a child and i’m 15. so will this basically mean that i will be limited to going out with friends and doing things that i normally do? will my life completely change? 

yes...yes..and yes..bet u will love that lil hellion when it gets here!

• Edna

I fail to see any reason why YOUR life would change in any way, if your mom and stepdad have a baby. YOUR life won't change; your PARENTS' life will change! 

Your parents are the ones who will have to feed the baby about every 4 hours; bathe it and change its dirty diapers; get up with it when it wakes up during the night; try to comfort the baby when it's screaming with colic; take the baby to its doctor appointments; and drag the baby along with them everywhere they go. YOU won't have to do any of that!

BTW:  The baby won't be your step-sibling. The baby will be your half brother or your  half sister. 

I don't see how.

• Lili

Why would this baby cause your teen years to be "wasted"?  What a bizarre idea.  Why would it keep you from going out with your friends and doing things you normally do?

Perhaps you're worried you'll be asked to babysit a lot. However, by the time the child needs a lot of babysitting, you'll be 18 and presumably in college or living elsewhere (you are planning to move out, right?). You won't be available for babysitting.

But in the meantime, there's no reason to think that a tiny baby will somehow "waste" your teen years. I find this a really strange and frankly rather self-centered question, as though everything that happens in your family is somehow all about you.

This actually can become a great thing.  Because your Mom will be focused on caring for the new baby, she will be less focused on you allowing you greater freedom than would have been realized without your baby half sibling (not stepsibling).  You may get stuck babysitting, but chances are you will be needing the cash anyway.

• edward

Half brother or sister, not step sibling

Based on what? They're having a baby, not you.

• KatieC

Why in the world would your teenage years be wasted? If anything, you’re probably going to have more freedom than most because your mom and stepdad will be preoccupied with the baby.

You and your parents will definitely take on some new responsibilities but that doesn't mean your teenage years will be wasted! If you feel that your life does become limiting, maybe discuss it with your parents. Congratulations to you and your family and I wish you luck!

youre whole life is fcuked mate