why do I have to unplug my tv for 5 seconds and then plug it in for it turn on?

• khalil
    Favorite Answer

because its software was stopped so you have to reset it

call mr engineer to come and to re-install it.

• Steven

Cheap electronics often omits protection from static discharge aka ESD. The result is that a tiny static zap, or connecting a DVD player or cable box etc, sets the TV electronics into latch-up which may destroy the TV electronics or simply put it into a trance that can only be reset by removing the power for a few seconds.

Fault developed in tv's power supply. Its often a capacitor beginning to play up. Shown by swelled up component casing and often despensing electrolyte onto the circuit board which could cause further faults.

Source(s): Circuit Exchange International website in Practical Section- Replacing faulty Capacitors.

Something is wrong with it

that only a quailified repair technician should address.

• k w

to get it to reset....I had to do that to my DVR once....it's kinda like rebooting your computer

I have no idea. Without knowing what specific problems you are having with it, and what make and model it is, no one here can even guess.

Take it to a repair shop that fixes TVs and ask them. It may turn out that a repair may cost more than a comparable new TV.