why do I have to unplug my tv for 5 seconds and then plug it in for it turn on?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • khalil
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

because its software was stopped so you have to reset it

call mr engineer to come and to re-install it.

• Steven
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Cheap electronics often omits protection from static discharge aka ESD. The result is that a tiny static zap, or connecting a DVD player or cable box etc, sets the TV electronics into latch-up which may destroy the TV electronics or simply put it into a trance that can only be reset by removing the power for a few seconds.

• 1 month ago

Fault developed in tv's power supply. Its often a capacitor beginning to play up. Shown by swelled up component casing and often despensing electrolyte onto the circuit board which could cause further faults.

Source(s): Circuit Exchange International website in Practical Section- Replacing faulty Capacitors.
  • 1 month ago

Something is wrong with it

that only a quailified repair technician should address.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • k w
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

to get it to reset....I had to do that to my DVR once....it's kinda like rebooting your computer

• 1 month ago

I have no idea. Without knowing what specific problems you are having with it, and what make and model it is, no one here can even guess.

Take it to a repair shop that fixes TVs and ask them. It may turn out that a repair may cost more than a comparable new TV.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.