My mother wants to adopt a child, What do I do ?

I'm 18 and my mother is 51 and she wants to adopt a child and she want be to take care of it! 😠 She seems hell bent on doing it, she want to adopt a girl child specifically. She told me she want's me to be the mother of this child 😭😭😭😭😭 and her be the grandma. As you can probably tell I DON'T WANT A CHILD! All my life it's just been me, I dont have any siblings now I'm going to be a sister mother. I dont want this and I'm not ready for this at all. I never even had a boyfriend or anything like that. I'm don't like this decision at all and did I mention she's a single parent. I feel like we're starting back from square one in have a child being, taking them to school, buy school stuff for them, buy clothes for them, help with homework, take them to play, but stuff for them, sharing my stuff with them etc etc etc etc. I never once even thought of having a child of my own and if I did it is certainly wasn't now or here. When she told me she was planning on doing this I was think about moving out but I literally have no where to go. I dont think she understands that this is a life changing decision, that I certainly don't want.

Favorite Answer

Your mother is being inconsiderate of you in this matter. Hold your ground and do not do it. You're too young to start raising a child just because she wants to. Most likely, you wouldn't be approved anyway due to your age, especially if you are single. Don't ruin your life at this stage.

• Tri-Harder

They will interview you if you live in the house.  Tell them that.  This isn't rocket science.

She'll never pass a home study, so no need to worry.

Source(s): Adoptee and Social Worker.

Do you know what being 18 means? Think about it.

So tell her no, you won't act as mother.  Seems pretty easily solved. 

Tell her NO ! And kick mom out of YOUR house ...like we all know that  18 year old kids are homeowner's.

• Eva

Your mother may be lonely now that you're growing up and don't have as much time for her. She may be looking for someone to fill that void. This certainly isn't a good reason to adopt a child she's going to be responsible for into her old age. Tell her you're not ready to be a mother and if she insists on doing this, that it will be all on her because you'll be moving out (could be an empty threat, but still...) Encourage her to find some friends or another hobby.

• helene

Just say no. Then kick your mom out of YOUR house. 

@ 18 you are an adult so move out.

Get a job and then rent a room in someone's house.😉Or go to college and live in a dorm😉

WRONG ! The age of majority is 18 in most U.S. states !

• Bill

Actually the age of majority is eighteen in only ten states. The majority of states have the age of majority at either sixteen or seventeen.