Why does my body start to itch after showering?

Hi, I'm 15 I'm from African origin. After I shower my body starts to itch like crazy and 

there are soaps meant for itching and over the counter. 

• k w

the USA uses Chlorine in the water, hardware stores sell shower filters and that usually stops the itch.....

I suggest you turn down the hot water because it's this that is causing your body to itch. Try showering in warm water instead.

hot water-- try a cooler    temp of 88-96 degrees try Castile soap

Could be the soap you use, drying out your skin

Too hot water.  Annoys the mast cells, which are particularly active in teenagers, and they release histamine, which causes the itch.  Or you could be one of those lucky people with a pounding shower...same... A gentle cool not cold shower.  Use bar soap, cleans better and very unlikely to be allergic to it. 

Dry skin. Buy excema cream, the thick kind that comes in tubes, not in bottles.

It's either the water, or any soaps shampoos you're using. What's known as 'hard water' can be harmful to sensitive skin. You could also be allergic to soaps/shampoos. See a doctor to get an allergy test.

• Will

You're allergic to whatever brand of bodywash you use, you take a shower in too warm of water for your skin and dries it out, or both of those.

Your origin has nothing to do with hives.