Did my friend get offended for a stupid reason?

Okay so he planned a trip to the mall as a group as a group of friends from church. He wanted everyone to hang out with him the whole time and wanted everyone to go to the stores he wanted to go, but most people in the group went off on their own to do their own shopping and looking around and met at the end. He got his feelings triggered and didn't talk to anyone, he left our facebook/messenger group chat and didn't come to church because he said things didn't work out the way he planned.

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Your friend might have had different expectations of what was going to happen and he technically organized it.Maybe he has not been out for a long time and he wanted to enjoy his time.His feelings are valid,but he acted immaturely when he did not express his feelings like he should and left church just because he got offended.

• Raja
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Obviously being a narrow minded person he got offended.

• 1 month ago

He planned group activity, you all ignrrd him and went to do own stuff. He is legit in him being upset. You had to communicate with him fist that it is common in ur part of the world to do like you did it. For example I am from europe and I expect group activity to be done all together. I would get upset too if people I have invited run off to mingle by themselves.

• ...Show all comments
    • Nickname
      Lv 4
      4 weeks agoReport

Don’t go to group activities that you don’t like and you won’t argue with friends over it. Better yet, communicate opinions before agreeing to other siggestion. 

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

When you go to a mall, you should never expect the entire group to only go to stores you want to go to.  That was his mistake, and he's acting like a little child that didn't get his way.

• ...Show all comments
    • Nickname
      Lv 4
      4 weeks agoReport

I had group outing at malls and they were great, no one wandered off. Just case you don’t like malls, desn’t mean is bad group activity. Its not normal to just wander off

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Alan H
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Maybe he needs to claim (and exercise) more grace

• 1 month ago

Yeah he did, he should've asked everyone what they wanted to do. Adults shouldn't need guided tours of a mall.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Let him go, he's a drama queen.

• 1 month ago

He doesn't sound old enough to be out alone. Childish, manipulative and selfish. 

• Helen
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It sounds as though this trip was a big deal to him and he had a very clear picture in his mind of how this was going to happen.

When the opposite of that picture happened instead, he obviously felt snubbed. It seems he was hoping for a social event whereas the others in the group were mainly there to shop. It's understandable he's upset but if they are his friends, he should be able to get past it. Maybe for next time he should plan a more interactive venue like the pub or mini golf.

• yes............................

• 1 month ago

Sounds pretty gay. Maybe church isn't really for him anyway.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.