Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 9 months ago

Can dehydration cause constipation?

I had a stomach virus for 2 days... Anytime I would drink water, I would throw it up. Ever since then, I’ve been constipated.

The average person needs at least 3 liters of water per day to stay in peak health.  You should be seeking treatment of this stomach virus (H. Pylori ?) if you have not done so already.  Trying to re-hydrate should be your number one priority.  You've likely lost a lot of electrolytes with the vomiting.  I would not take any laxatives that are stool softeners.  Doing so could make your situation worse and add more problems because the drug works by drawing water to the bowel. 

• ron h

yes.  If you can hold down liquids, drink water or milk or most juice has a lot of sugar, but some of that's OK.  Some coffee is good, but water is best.   A couple of glasses every couple of hours till you've drank 30 oz or so. Then do again after a little while    Skip alcohol for the next few days til you have a couple of BMs

Absolutely.  Sip tea or gatorade and be patient.

message me, I have an awesome solution

Yes. Your crap needs water to keep it from getting stuck in your guts.

Same with me too.

After a few days medical help is vital.

Yes. Thats why drinking water helps you not become constipated

• Lôn

Yes, it can........................