Is a travelcard valid for London Trams?

Travelling to London in a few weeks and we're getting off at East Croydon Station. Our hotel is the Clapham Dudley. Just wanted to know if a 1 day anytime travelcard is valid on trams, and if whether or not we have to pay a separate fare.

Also, are luggage allowed on trams?

• Cara

Yes, you can pay with a travelcard or Oyster or contactless card. But I don't really understand the rest of your question - Clapham is not near East Croydon, and there's no tram that goes there, as far as I can see. But maybe you have other plans. All I am concerned with is - don't get lost!

• Clive

Yes and yes......

Yes - travelcards cover trams, and you can take luggage on all public transport services (although people won't be a fan if you do so at rush hour!)

• Cei

Yes a travel card is accepted on the trams as long as it covers that zone (zone 4 I believe)

Yes luggage is allowed but you might want to try and avoid rush hour

• J

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/trams/cashless-trams

No reason why you cannot have luggage on trams/buses/trains.