Will I be able to manage two consecutive interviews in one day?

I have been searching for a job for quite some time now with little to no luck. But just as I begin to lose hope, two turn up at once!

Both companies requested an interview on the same day at the same time, and while it's easier because I'll already be in the same city, I can't be in two places at once. Therefore I have managed to change one of the times to 2 hours prior to the other one. It will take about 15 minutes to get from one place to the next which means I have up to an hour and forty five minutes at the first one.

I'm not necessarily nervous about it, I just worry that the first interview could take longer even though I've never had a job interview longer than an hour. But on the plus side I'm already in my interview clothes and I don't have to travel to the city twice.

Does anyone have any experience of this and think it's a good/bad idea?

• Carmen
    Favorite Answer

Never had a experience like this but like you said you can’t be in two places at the same time without a identical twin who looking for a job as well so just take a deep breath keep a calm heart go to first interview pray it’s tge right job and not a waste of time or interfere with the second opportunity and you at least get the job if it’s meant to be it will be A for effort. 

If they’re far apart and the times don’t conflict, maybe.

I think 2 hours is sufficient time. If they really go overboard say you have a doctors appointment or something, but I think most interviews are done at most after an hour!

Assuming that your first interview starts on time and is not delayed you should make it although it could be very close. It's a chance you'll have to take.

Politely ask first one, then the other, if they have a different time available that day.  Let them know that there is another equally interesting company interested in your talents and you would like to talk to both  Change the first one that says they are willing to change, but make sure you have plenty of travel and refresh time between the two.  If neither will change, you have to make up your mind which interview to take.  That decision could be based on preferred job, likelihood of being hired, or other factors.

Hint:  Always show up a little early for interviews. Ask for the restroom and go there to freshen up from travel and be on your best appearance.  Be out of the restroom a few minutes prior to when your interview is supposed to start.

if your interview takes longer than expected u may excuse yourself and say u have another interview waiting. I think it would be a plus for u - u will appear being wanted

• DEBS

No problem putting them back to back. I'd be concerned about the amount of time between them. Businesses have delays just to get started. You may have to go through paperwork and such before you even start talking to the right people. I would have tried to get a 4 hour time slot.

• I should've mentioned this is an entry-level position so I can't see it lasting more than an hour 

• Katie

I have had 2 interviews on the same day - leave at least 1 hour to travel between them (road works/diversions can spring up at any time).

No interview lasts that long.

• ron h

sometimes they tart late.

ya, sounds doable. most interviews are under 30 mins. 

• DEBS

Interviews last 2+ hours all the time unless you're entry level or minimum wage.