Should I try to get in to Mensa?

Okay you can choose to believe me or not but I think I can qualify for Mensa after taking their practice test and getting recommended to take the real test. However, I don't know if it's even worth it. I'm barely passing highschool, due to lack of effort and the fact that I'm truant, and I don't see myself making it into a decent college. I'm also a stoner believe it or not. I have no idea what Mensa even does but for something so exclusive it has to be worth it right? Idk any advice, answers, ridicules if you'd like would be appreciated.

Extra info: I'm 16 and have no idea what I'm gonna do with my life 👌

• Expat

You haven’t recognized the difference between “in to” and “into.” You’re not a genius. You’ve taken some of these online IQ tests and got your hopes up. 

I would never join a club that would have me for a member.

• Luke

Only if you're too stupid to get into the Prometheus Society

• Todd

I've met Mensa members. Not impressed. Definitely a club for narcissists. It would have the opposite effect on me. I'd probably not hire someone that places their worth on some wishy-washy criteria. IQ tests aren't very good litmus for what a person's value is.

There are no benefits to being a member of MENSA other than boastng rights. Many MENSA members aren't safe to be out of the house on their own. High IQ is often no indication of being a practical person.

Sure, give it a try. I don't see what it would have to do with the rest of your life, but there's no harm in trying. Getting into Mensa doesn't get you into a school, or a job.

Only you can decide if it's worth it.

• keerok

Practice test? That's a joke! Anywho, if you really think you're deserving, go ahead! Advice? Being a genius is one thing. Actually doing something great is another. Don't get it? A question then. Why are there Mensa members who are janitors?

• Petter

I don't know if it's really worth anything, more than possibly a paper that says you are pretty smartm which possibly could lead to some doors opening, when you for example apply for jobs, I don't know.

No real need for highschool to pass a Mensa test. It's all about IQ.

As I see it it's basically like a social club for people with higher IQ, but I have never been involved in any so I really wouldn't know...=)

My grandmother was in mensa for a few years and didnt like it so she left. I never asked her why she didnt like it though

Take the Groucho Marx Approach: "Why would I want to belong to a club that wants members like me?"