Car windows opened themselves?

Hi there, never had this issue before, woke up this morning to both mine and my partners cars with the windows fully down letting in the rain. It seems strange that this has never happened and happened to both cars, anyone got any ideas what could have caused this?

Thank you

• JetDoc

Gremlins! .

If your car has a comfort feature that if you hold on the unlock button for a period of time, the windows will roll down. I have done this a few times mistakenly with my remote pressed in my pocket a few time. 

It's what is generally referred to as 'improbable'.

Either you both left your windows down, or someone with access to your keys went and rolled them down to f**k with you.

This sounds like targeted vandalism.

Was there any other vehicles near by with their windows down too?

Newer cars computers are quite unsecure and easily hacked .

Get ahold of each vehicles dealership , explain the issue, and have them tell you how to secure the wireless features, so this might not happen again.

the windows probably can be opened by a long press (~10 seconds) on the unlock button on the key fob

Close the windows and clean your car.  Close the windows and pull the power window fuse in your car every night.

• keerok

Shorted car window switch.