Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 1 month ago

Why do I feel gross when I breastfeed?

Some times when I feed my baby I feel gross like I just got molested more or less. It doesn't happen all the time. Please no negative comments. I'm going to continue breastfeedingy baby just want to know if this happens to any one else

• GB

I am pleased that you want to continue  breastfeeding.  If you were not molested, consider the following.

1) Is their any physical discomfort when breastfeeding?   

2)  Do you get negative remarks from others?

• sarah

Because breastfeeding isn't for everyone. Not every mama feels that magical connection that everybody seems to think can only be created by breastfeeding. I never felt like I was being molested while doing it, but I also didn't feel like it was the most amazing thing in the world.

If you want to continue feeding breastmilk, have you thought about pumping and giving it to the baby in a bottle?

If this were a serious question, you would need to talk with a therapist about what might have happened to you in the past.

Because you probably had been molested before?