isn't wind sometimes an indication that a rain or snow storm is coming?

I'm also pretty sure it has to do with which direction it's coming from too, but I forget which direction it is 

• TQ

An increase in wind speed ... especially blowing from the south or east ... can sometimes be an indication a rain or snow storm is coming.

The increase in wind speed associated with an approaching storm is related to the the lowering of barometric pressure.  Lowering barometric pressure is evidence of upward vertical motion.  Upward vertical motion produces clouds and under the right circumstances ... clouds produce precipitation.

Source(s): Meteorologist.

Generally the rain, or the snow if it is relevant falls in the same direction that the wind is coming from

Here in Ireland we are well used to prevailing Westerlies

That is wind coming from the Atlantic in the west

In seafaring they used to call Cape Horn the roaring Forties

That was a referral to the wild seas and the Latitude

Source(s): The Cliffs of Moher, County Clare

no...not at all

Have you ever seen the phrase "the calm before the storm?" It can become dead calm then a storm hits. In the US, most storm fronts move from west to east and the wind blows in that direction while the storm is going on.

I get wind both ends but I can't seem to predict the weather.