calla_slily asked in PetsReptiles · 3 months ago

Why won't my ball python let me pick him up?

Ive had him about 2-3 months now and was handling him about 4 times a week but stopped after I upgraded his new enclosure to a bio active one with two hides, plants and insects, and a water fountain. I tried to get him out of his hide a few weeks ago and he pulled back and wouldn't let me grab him. Last night, I found him balled up in the water of his water fountain in the back, not sure why he squeezed in there. But he has been in there for a while it seems and refuses to come out. Any time hes almost out, he will force himself back in and won't let me look at him to see if he has mites or if he's sick or not. I think he's been in there for a week before I found him and the water wasn't warm at all. Should I just take him in the fountain to a vet? And is he scared of me?

I poured the water out also, moved him to a more empty enclosure just in case it's mites and put a heating pad under it. 

Just change his cage back to the original setup and see if his behavior changes. Well decorated cages may look nice to humans, but snakes do not really care. All they really care is food and survival.

becuase its a snek, sneks be gross brother smh lmao, it probably tryna eat you thats why

• joeparker67

Snek lol are you 10 years old lol. They really shouldn’t let morons comment on here it’s like reading something a 5 year old wrote