Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 9 months ago

Can I go to jail for a debt collector calling me and ignoring their calls and blocking them?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • falcon
    Lv 5
    9 months ago

No ....................

• 9 months ago

No. They stopped putting people in jail a long, long time ago, for owing money.

• 9 months ago

No, but all that will do is switch it to mail instead of calls, followed by bad credit and being sued if you ignore the mail.

• 9 months ago

No you cannot. Not in the US anyway.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

No. But you'll wish you could. If you could just go to jail, then you would have a place to live and food to eat. But if you keep ignoring them, then your credit will be so bad that you won't be able to get a place to live, so you'll be homeless and realize that jail might have been preferable.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

You can't be serious.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

no.........................................

• Mark
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Nope.  Do you even HAVE the debt they are talking about? I get ridiculous "robocalls" trying to scare me:  "You're in trouble with the IRS.  Please call and set up a payment plan."  #1, I'm not in "trouble with the IRS", and #2 do the runners of such scams think that they will "scare" a person into giving out their social security number?

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

No. What you are dealing with is a CIVIL issue...not a CRIMINAL issue. I suggest that you talk to a lawyer and SETTLE the debt to start rebuilding your CREDIT. If you owe...$1000 as an example. You could settle the debt for FAR less. Eve make payments.

• 9 months ago

No.  Not from that. However, should they take you to court and win, they can dock your current pay.  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.