Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 months ago

What an atheist good at?

32 Answers

Relevance
  • Mattie
    Lv 5
    6 months ago
    Favourite answer

Trying to convince themselves that they're intelligent by either implying or clearly stating that religious people aren't intelligent. 

• Lôn
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Well put!!

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 6 months ago

An atheist is good at doing good things because they’re good with no thought or ulterior motive in the form of a higher power like a god (as in “I will volunteer for charity because god told me to, or because it will help me go to heaven”). They’re also great at doing bad things without any help from a demon/ satan. Atheists are also good at taking responsibility for their actions without blaming them on a “higher power.” There is no “the devil made me do it” for an atheist. Only their own neurosis or bad decisions. There is no “god helped me through this/ told me to do this” for an atheist. Only their own thoughts and morality. An atheist is good at taking responsibility for their actions instead of blaming it on a higher power because they don’t believe there is a higher power out there. Does this mean that all atheists take full responsibility for their actions? Absolutely not, however it does mean that they have one less things to pass the blame onto should they do choose, and that’s why they’re a little more honest with their actions sometimes than a religious person might be. (Again not every religious person only does something good because it makes them look good in the eyes of their god(s) and/or goddess(es), but I know of quite a few who only help because they feel it’s required for them to get where they want rather than because they like to help). 

• 6 months ago

I am good at many things

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

The truth and that is more than most can handle.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

I'm good at sailing and cooking.

I'm still not to bad at cycling, but I've had better days.

For the other atheists, I don't know.

• 6 months ago

Atheism defines a person's no-belief in gods. It says nothing else whatsoever about a person, so atheists can be good at anything and bad at anything. Same as everyone else.

• 6 months ago

Well.....in Bill Gates case it was making money and donating to charity through his foundation.

• 6 months ago

Well, I'm rather good at Hungry Hungry Hippos (I was South London Regional Champion four years straight).

• Den B7
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Grammar.            

• 6 months ago

Typing in English. Well, most of them are better than you at doing so, apparently.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

not annoying God all the time like religionists do

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.