promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What do you think of when you first hear "UFO" - some unknown thing in the sky which could be anything from a drone to a kid's balloon...?

Or do you think - Outer Space aliens!!!!??!!!!

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Since every government admits some UFOs can be nothing other than extraterrestrial crafts, aliens MUST exist. I suggest you read the books by J.Allen Hynek. He was the scientific consultant to the USAF investigation "Project Blue Book". The conclusion of the investigation was clear . 3 to 4 percent of UFO reports can be nothing BUT alien spacecraft.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

UFO stands for Unidentified Flying Object. That is all it means. It could be anything. Picking alien spaceship out of a list of a thousand possibilities is not rational. 

The military now calls them Unidentified Atmospheric Phenomenon. That is a better name, because we shouldn't even assume that it is a solid object. 

• Hunter
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

When I hear UFO my first thought is of the huge triangular UFO hovering outside my window back in the '70s. That got Air Force attention. 

I think of the strange lights over the airport that inexplicably went from white lights to turn into silent single engine planes... Why? What do you think of?

• Tom
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

UNIDENTIFIED ANYTHING---from balloons, to toys to drones to NEW undiscovered, Atmosphere Phenomena or "lifeforms" or Top Secret aircraft to Aliens.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Megumi
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

I think it is a planet, ball lightning, airplanes, helicopters, etc. Interstellar travel is merely infantile fiction. People who know Physics well know OSA cannot possible come to our planet. 

• CD
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

Maybe the next stealth plane...

• 3 months ago

I definately think Aliens......

Coming to bring us a better life

Attachment image
  • 3 months ago

Some weird person interpreting a balloon, airplane, bird, or satellite as a spaceship full of space boogiemen.

The sky and it's associated fantasies of space monsters always highlights the nutty gene that some people have inherited, and illustrates their lack of observational powers, lack of scientific literacy, and their willingness to believe nonsense.

• ...Show all comments
    • 2 months agoReport

English Guy
      To start with little guy, how do you know it is me and not your own silly argument

• 3 months ago

Usually I think it's something common that someone just isn't able to identify... 

• Joan H
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

U = uidentified.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.