rumdum asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 month ago

Can my trash collection company require electronic payment instead of written checks?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Yes. You can tell them "No" and make other arrangements.

• 1 month ago

They sure can, yes.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I don't have a single bill that requires electronic payments but I rarely use paper checks. All my bills are set for autopay.

• 1 month ago

Yes, if that's how they are set up.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

yes they can....................

• Kaz
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

There's too many elderly, that don't have computers - so it seems doubtful to me that they can do that.  

I would think they could bill you (or another family member) electronically - and you could pay it any way you please.  They're not going to refuse payment by a handwritten check - they can enter it in their computer and then receive the funds electronically.  (I have several bills I pay that remove the funds electronically even thought I mailed them a check).  

• ...Show all comments
    • Kaz
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Actually there's more than a "few" that I know.  My 97 year old mother in law is just one. :)

• audrey
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you can change companies, yes. But if they are the only company available to you, I don't think they can force you to pay that way.

• rumdum1 month agoReport

I don't think so either, I dealt with another company that added a dollar to the bill to stay with paper billing when I pushed them

• y
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Why yes, yes they can

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Perhaps they have decided to finally bring their business into the 21st Century.

• ...Show all comments
    • A Hunch
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Your mom is paying $1.25 to get the money order and another $.55 to send it?  Ghee whez - that's just plain stupid.  Get her a bank account TODAY.  Teach her how to pay her bills online or pay them for her from her account on your computer. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I do not think so.

• ...Show all comments
    • John4 weeks agoReport

Then why not just do the autopay?  Then you won't have to worry about paying it every month.  I cannot imagine that there would be a law specifically for trash collection companies that would outlaw such a thing, anyway.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.