What help against insomnia?

I suffer from insomnia during last two week. I hate getting pills, so give me some advice that helped you, please!

I've been taking a natural sleep aid that helps with insomnia sometimes...its called somnapure-found it in the grocery store and online (amazon)

also-doing yoga and meditation---youtube has piles of sleep meditations--and sleep music..i just put it on the phone right next to my bed (while charging phone so it doesn't run down my phone.

• David

Some things  you can try. Do not have any large meals before bed. Have a bath or shower before going to bed. Try having a radio on low volume, that does help in some cases.

Other answers have mentioned not having caffeine or alcohol I disagree, but dose and timing are important: No coffee or caffeine drink in the six hours before you intend to sleep and then before bed have a small volume of alcohol like a single whisky, no more than that or it can disrupt your sleep. Do not have beer as there is too much water so you would wake up to pee.

Try for a few days see if those work.

Avoid alcohol, it's a major contributor to insomnia.

Likewise, avoid nicotine and caffeine. 

Exercise earlier in the day, every day. Don't overdo it, but activity earlier in the day has been shown to help.

Drink plenty of water during the day (but not for two hours before bed, so you won't have to get up in the middle of the night)

Have your bedroom dark (you can get blackout curtains), only use it for sleeping. Have your bedroom cool with blankets if you get cold. 

Wear an eyemask, keeping out any might that happens to sneak into your room. 

Take a warm/hot bath within an hour or two of bedtime to relax you. 

Try chamomile teab and melatonin supplement daily for two weeks (don't take the melatonin longer than that). 

When you go to bed, you're going to practice"progressive relaxation". Start at your toes, concentrate on making your toes utterly limp. When you have, move up to your feet, then your ankles, calves, etc.  This is actually hard to do because it's easy to get distracted, especially if you tend to worry about things before bed. Practice makes perfect. 

Only Orange Frog can help you now

Source(s): Orange frog is god above gods
  • k w

just go for a walk after dinner, to burn off the cortisol, or you can do any type of calisthenics, jumping jacks, trunk twists, bend and stretch, arm rolls for like 15-20min and later at bed-time sleeping should not be an issue AND if you drink a cup of Chamomile tea an hour before bed, that can help too.....

• Get regular exercise, preferably during the day. If I exercise before going to bed I can't sleep. I can't drink the sleepy teas, I have a lot of food allergies. If you have a store / pharmacy in your area that sells natural products drop in an see what they have. See if they can recommend any thing that can help you sleep. Maybe your doctor can recommend some treatment that doesn't involve pills. I know you don't like pills (I don't either unless it's absolutely necessary), but they may be a good way to go to help. I've been there. 

Buy some melatonin from biopure. It is ok. Shut off your wlan, too.

I am no expert on insomnia, but in general to get tired/sleepy you could try:

-Exercising before bed, going for a run/jog.

-Take a hot bath/shower before bed.

-Drink some "sleepy tea" with chamomile and lemongrass (I do not know if there is any scientific evidence for this tea to work, but if you can't sleep it can't hurt to try).

-Try to cut out caffeine/coffee/energy drinks 5-8 hour before bedtime, or maybe cut all caffeine.

Maybe you need to cut down on caffeine.