K asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 1 month ago

Have you lost respect for Meghan and Harry after the whole Megxit debacle?

• pepper

Regardless of whether one is royalty or a commoner, there is protocol, particularly when it comes to the treatment of an elderly person, especially if that elderly person happens to be your grandmother who is well into her 90s. She may be the Queen, but she's Granny, and deserves the utmost respect.  

If Harry had been a teenager, One could dismiss it as teen rebellion.  But he is well into his 30s.  He is supposed to be a grown man who grew up not in a ghetto, but a palace.  But the way he's thumbed his nose at his grandmother who is at this time fragile, is disrespectful.  Rebelliousness in a teen may be cool, but in a creature approaching middle age, it is despicable.  He has proved himself to be a real lowlife just like the creature he married. They should both be stripped of their titles and their funding.  Duke and Duchess, indeed.  The doorman at their home has more class.  Let them handle their own security.  Maybe they can get Trump to lend them a couple of his thugs.  

• Prince

No, I like them better than ever. 

• Cousin

Not a bit of it. The Queen was very wise to see that Malibu is where Harry and Meghan can best promote the popularity of the monarchy. Think back: Harry was born for Malibu. He always was a maverick. They will do a great deal of good in the sun, organising charities and promoting the general good. Meghan's coat-of-arms even has a California wren as a supporter and California marigolds on the mound. And Archie can attend Riverdale High, of course. Everyone can be pleased with this arrangement. And California is re-building after the Fires, and shall have the least pollution of anywhere in America soon, with electric motor-cars, electric rail and, solar panels on all of the rooftops. Harry and Meghan will be its crowning glory. 

I cannot lose respect for someone when I never had any to begin with.  What this whole incident tells us, I think, is that the royal family not nearly as "progressive" on the subject of interracial marriage as it would have us believe.  Given the remarks Prince Philip has made in public about various things, I can well imagine what he has had to say about this in private.  

I never had any respect at all for markle. Now I have none for Harry. I used to think he was a fool for falling for markle, and she was using him. Now I believe he is a fool with severe resentment for his Royal family. That they are partners is this scam.

markle is a Narcissist and Harry is mentally ill.

They should be ashamed for the complete lack of respect they've shown The Queen.

No. I had never given any thought to whether I respected them or not, but now, I definitely do.

• mokrie

Yes I have. If I were the queen I would take the mansion back that they have been living in and cut off all funding they get from the taxpayers.

• Bill

she already has --get with the program

• Brian

I'm sure that they're worried about that.

• k w

it's none of my bloody business.......

• Nunya

She is distancing Harry from his family and friends. She is manipulating him because she fears that they are encouraging Harry to leave her. If she is able to isolate the man, then she is able to be the only one filling his head up with ideas. heard rumors that Megan and the Royals do not see eye to eye.