Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomOther - United Kingdom · 9 months ago

Do people from Britain generally have an inferiority complex stemming from Elizabeth I?

Because Elizabeth I was queen and made everyone attend Protestant church services where they had to say things like, "we are miserable offenders" and, "there is no health in us"..... It was different for Catholics whose services were in Latin!

You don't know your history at all.  You obviously made up all of that crap.

No they did not have an inferiority complex.

• Luke

All Christians have an inferiority complex, not only Protestants. 

• DP.

With that kind of thinking, you must be i) Catholic ii) stupid iii) a miserable person to know.

Why on earth would we be affected by what people used to say 500 years ago?

Not being arrogant like Americans does not mean feeling inferior.........

Liz the First cuts no ice in today's world.

No. It was Henry VIII.

He established the Protestant religion and slaughtered anyone who went against it. 

I don't think so.  The majority of British people are completely ignorant of history, look to soap stars and footballers for standards and are more inferior than they think they are.

Source(s): Sometimes despairing Brit.

Church of England isn't a Protestant denomination.

The way life was back then, I would consider this a case of applying modern sensibility to people who had other things to worry about.