eduardo asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

Why are women so moody on their period? ?

it seems like girls are meaner to me a specific time of the month...  

It's because people suffer from a condition which is known as PMS that stands for premenstrual syndrome. It's not fully understood, but it's believed to be a side effect of the hormones which trigger the menstrual cycle to occur.

Also know that not all girls and women become moody as a result of PMS, as there are other different symptoms of it as well, some are psychological and others are physical.

Other psychological symptoms of PMS are:-

- food craving, especially for sweet and salty foods like chocolate and crisps

- irritability

- anxiety

- feeling sad

- having emotional outbursts

Physical symptoms of PMS are:-

- bloating

- abdominal pain

- breast pain

- chronic (long term) conditions such as asthma or acne can become worse

- constipation

- diarrhea

- headaches

- developing hypersensitivity to light or sound

- fatigue

- changes in sleep, like feeling more tired, or developing insomnia

In some cases, people can suffer from a more severe condition which is called premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD). Symptoms of this include:-

- depression

- feeling suicidal as as result of depression

- having panic attacks

- severe anxiety

- lack of interest in usual activities

- difficulty in concentrating on things

- severe anger

There are treatments for it though, like antidepressant medications, and diet management. Some girls and women find herbal supplements helpful, and avoiding alcohol, caffeine, salt and sugar since these can make symptoms worse.

Hope this helps.

For me it was the general feeling of ickiness and the cramps.  I was okay if I could just focus on what needed to be done but having to socialize with people irritated me.  "You seem out of sorts today.  Anything wrong?"  Yeah, no.

• Mystic

Some women can have a little bit of irritability as a PMS symptom. Other women seriously use their period as an excuse to be hateful. That isn't how it works. Your period is not a free b*tch pass. Take some Midol and deal with it. You have no right to be hateful to someone simply because you're having your period.

• Edna

Girls aren't any meaner to you when they're on their period, than they are on any other day of the month. If you think they are, it's just a coincidence. They're mean to you EVERY day of the month, because they don't like you and they despise your personality.

• k w

probably due to cramping, nobody tells them they need more minerals, molasses will help too and a few other things if they bother to think outside the box that was created for them, and look elsewhere.....

Chemical changes in their bodies

But females CAN learn self control and ways to calm themselves if they want to

I never was, because A) i'm not a mean person and B) it's not someone else's problem if my hormones are out of whack. I have a brain, and i know how to use it to control my emotions and behaviors.

If i wasn't feeling well during my period, i opened my mouth and told my husband i wasn't doing so great that day.

And women are 'so moody' i guess, because of hormone fluctuations. Same reason men are horny

If you had a period you would understand imagine feeling like rubbish 24/7, everytime you go to the bathroom you are in pain & have blood. It's not fun!

You mean that period between January 1st and December 31st?

Because their periods affect their hormones.

• Edna

Hormones, my foot!  If a woman is 'mean' to a person while she's on her period, it's because she simply can't STAND that person on any other day of the month. She's going to be 'mean' to him 365 days a year!