Why can't people simply barbecue indoors with window open when it's cold outside?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

Yeah what's the worst that could happen? Your clothes get a little smoky, you choke yourself with the smoke, you burn the house down. Seems solid to me. 

But honestly truly, I also wish we could barbecue inside. 

• zipper
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

IT IS A FIRE HAZARD!

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Because carbon monoxide poisioning tends to put a damper on things.

• 9 months ago

wowsers. It sounds like a carbon monoxide death trap!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

Charcoal makes a lot of carbon monoxide.  You're not even supposed to use it in your fireplace, in fact a lot of whole families have died from burning charcoal in their fireplaces and filling up the room with carbon monoxide.

Years ago someone gave us a stovetop 'grill' for Christmas.  It goes over a gas or electric burner, it's made of cast aluminum with like 'fins' on it to simulate the bars of a grill (as opposed to a 'grill pan', which have been around forever).  It filled the kitchen with smoke so we never used it much.

• 9 months ago

They can. It would just smell like it for weeks with minimum ventilation. That's not even hitting on probably setting a fire when the decision maker is this stupid.

• 9 months ago

The carbon monoxide it will generate could be lethal.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Because no one wants smoke getting into their walls and fabrics with their house smelling like a grill long after they barbecued. 

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

I do it all the time

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.