What do you do if people judge you for using old iPods for music?

I use really old ipods I'm talking about ipod minis, 3rd generation ipod classic and i get stares

I'm literally jamming to my music walking around and people look like they're disgusted or something. that's the vibe I get.

• chorle

Sorry, I said for me the Sansa is much better because I hate having to sync every time I add a podcast and I like to delete the episodes right after I listen especially when order is important like for a audio book But many of friends love their iPods and wish Apple had not stopped making them. 

The may just be jealous since they made their phone batteries dead using it as an mp3 player and now they can't text or play pokemon go. 

Warning if you are singing along in public earbuds don't improve your voice :)  

• Ray1 month agoReport

yeah. I just bought some more ipods. older generation ones. They are fun to mod around and they are reliable.

I'd just laugh and ignore their worthless opinions.

I love my older iPods. They're smaller, lightweight and more compact than the later ones which are more like hobbled iPhones. The old ones do a single job and do it very well. I don't worry about using them on a beach, I don't worry about using them in the bath. I don't have to worry about losing or breaking them, as good used replacements are often free (from people I know who "upgraded") or are very cheap from secondhand shops. They're also too cheap to really be attractive to thieves or muggers. 

Whenever I really do want a fully-featured iPod with all the web browsing and other stuff, I just use my iPhone.

• Robsteriark

Perhaps you’re referring to the modification some models can take where the hard drive gets replaced with a CF card? But even then, I still don’t see the relevance of your comment.

• ron h

if anyone SAYS anything, tell them that you're saving up for new and would they be able to contribute $50 toward new ones?  No?  "sorry to bother you about it."

• Ray1 month agoReport

I like that idea. People who judge others, why don't they just give them the money instead of being judgemental lol

idgaf what people think

• Ray1 month agoReport

but do you use an ipod ?

• falcon

Just ignore them 

It is possible that they are having a reaction NOT to the devices you carry - but to YOU, who might appear to be dancing as if having a seizure, and intermittently singing our vocalizing.humming in an intrusive manner.  If you are listening to music, and sitting still, or walking normally, then there is no reason that anyone would scan you for *cool devices* - and act judgemental.  But you you are physically doing something to attract attention to yourself - then it seems you are getting it.  I wear headphones of earbuds for hours each day. There is NO WAY anyone can tell if I am listening to NPR talk shows, a podcast, the Debussy g minor violin sonata, or Milcho Leviev jazz tracks. I do not rant at the news, swoon and sing to the opera, or boogie down to Parliament Funkadelic.  I might smile a little - that's it.  So - YOU???  Or is your music SO LOUD that people find it offensive?  I do not think their reaction is to the devices you carry - try keeping them in a pocket, and see if you get the same reactions.

Think they are idiots and ignore them.

I'd not consider your ipods that old - My portable music players, which I'd use if I were not using my phone, are a Sony minidisc MZ-R90 (now over 20 years old) or a hard drive based NW-HD5, which came out at the same time as some first generation ipods.

http://www.minidisc.org/mzr90_review.html

https://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/sony-nw-hd5...

Both have better battery life though - around 30 hours or more between charges.

And external battery compartments, unlike ipods!

However, the obvious question is: How is anyone "judging you" - the actual player is either in your pocket or virtually invisible in your hand.

Whatever they are looking at, it's not the player....

• Ray1 month agoReport

And i've gotten worried what people think so I've been keeping the ipod in my pocket and only take it out when i'm completely in a private place

• Olive

Well atleast your not the one paying out bunch of money for new ones. I'd ignore what they say bout them

Let them judge, but keep doing as you see fit.

• Ray2 months agoReport

so if i react and stop using it because of what they say, am i a fool?

Wonder why that person is talking to me.