I'm going to grow a sunflower seed on April 2. What do you guys think?

• WOOWHO
    1 year ago

thank you for sharing

• ?
    1 year ago

If you have any wind , plant many to support each other. Why one never see 1 sunflower in pictures..

• 1 year ago

excellent get a good result

• ?
    1 year ago

plant one early in may,,get a UV lamp to aim at it a couple hours a day,,the flower ought to be a foot wide by mid june

• 1 year ago

Noooooooo, in Aztec culture that is my Grandma's birthday and i'm really worried about her being reincarnated as a sunflower. PLEASE don't do it!

Source(s): The calendar
  • 1 year ago

They are beautiful. Go for it - but note birds and squirrels may get to it.

• 1 year ago

Depends on your climate and seed source. Please don't plant anything that didn't come out of a seed packet and plant more than one seed. Sunlight, Water, and soil are all you need. We grow hundreds of acres of them around here every year. 

Frost will kill it but sunflowers aren't picky about soil if you want it to bloom make sure it's in good rich soil most of the wild ones I see are happily growing in ditches with other weeds. Provided frost doesn't kill it, and your seed germinates, and you use good deep soil(they don't grow well in pots). You might get to see some flowers by the end of the summer. Then you can watch them turn their "faces" toward the sun and follow it  across the sky throughout the day. 

Source(s): Studied horticulture, done it, I live in "The Sunflower State".
    1 year ago

Outside or in? 

• 1 year ago

They grow best with others.  You should plant a handful.   A better outcome for cross pollination and more seed heads for the birds.. Added note:  You may want to start them indoors if you are in cooler climate.  Most planting above the 45th. parallel, other than cold crop plants, is done around Mother's day when the chance of frost is gone and not too far past mid June as to not be too warm on the tender young plants. 

• ?
    1 year ago

If you would have said April 1st I would have wondered if you were trying to fool us . Don't put it too deep in the soil . Morning doves like the seeds after the flowers fall off .