Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOptical · 2 months ago

Can a clinic with emergency doctors assess and treat a scratched eye?

I scratched my eye when my contact lens ripped in my eye. Can an emergency clinic be able to treat and assess what’s wrong If they aren’t eye doctor s

It's probably too late too help with whatever eye emergency got you asking this question. Emergency rooms and urgent care facilities seldom have a biomicroscope, the best instrument for evaluating the eye. The people there also have less experience that your optometrist does in dealing with problems like this. In the future, call your optometrist, even if it is not during business hours. The may have a message to connect you with his cell phone or a different emergency contact. Chance are, it will cost you less, you will wait less and you will get better care.

i dont see why not,thats what theyre there for

• Tavy

Yes then can, they can treat it with eye antibiotics. It's a common injury.

• Mark

Yes.  Assuming it's not a very deep scratch, and it probably isn't.  (I had something similar happen to me, and they put something like Vaseline on my eye, put a patch over it (so I wouldn't move it/"track with it" too much), gave me some pain pills, and made me rest for the weekend.

• Tavy

That was an eye antibiotic not Vaseline.

• Murzy

Go to a hospital ER.