Should we kill sharks?

I’m writing an essay on should we kill sharks? I personally completely disagree but I need a counter argument on why we should, if anyone could give me some good references and points that would be great.

Favorite Answer

no, predators are here for a reason. if we kill all the sharks, their prey will overpopulate and eat all the things below themselves. when they eat all of their lower prey, they will begin to starve because they already ate all their food. then, we'll be next since we rely on the food chain to feed US!!

• oh btw sharks only kill 20 per year. mosquitos kill at least 2 MILLION PER YEAR!!!

I think you should do your own research...

• Frankie1 month agoReport

I am just thought someone could give me some extra information 

• y

I guess, to lower the numbers of attacks, but personally. I think that is lame. I think a decade ban on killing anything in the seas, any fishing except for the native populations and such.

• Lisa A

There is no valid argument for killing sharks.

No.  Sharks are much more threatened by us than we are by them.

• megalomaniac

I can't think of any good reason to just kill them randomly.  People do it out of fear.  You could write on that angle (it's not a good reason but that's why people do it).