How many miles on a used Chevy Sonic 2012 is too much to buy from someone? It’s in a good condition and asking for $4,000?

Attachment image

5 Answers

Relevance
  • ron h
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

2012 is 8 years old, 80,000 would be common, even 100k miles.  It's almost certainly got a 1.4L turbo, (same as Cruz) I dunno if the paint is shot or if that's morning frost or dew.   I'd look for a Taurus, Malibu or Fusion if you can't find a Corolla or Camry. 

• 2 months ago

1 mile is too much on that junk.

• roger
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

anything over 200K  and i  would ask a mechanic to  check it out....

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

There's no real upper limit, just get the car inspected by an independent mechanic first before buying. Even if it looks good on the outside, it maybe full of problems on the inside. The price of all cars go down by half every 3 years more or less. So figure out what the original price of that Sonic was and figure out what it's price should be 8 years later. It should be 5 1/3rd times lower than its original price; so its original price should have been around $21,000? Does that sound the right price for an original Chevy Sonic?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

No to any used Chevy Sonic.  It is a rebranded Daewoo.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.