I will never buy an electric car until I can get a 10 minute re-charge that will take me about 350 miles.  How about you?

• alan P

My diesel car can do about 600 miles between refills that only take a few minutes.  Once the range gets down to below 100 miles I start to look around for somewhere to fill it up again.  A maxiumum range of 200 miles really only means about 150 because you can never run it down to the last mile.  Having said all that we might eventually be forced to use electric cars anyway.  Not too bad in a small country like the UK but not so practical if you are going to drive across a remote part of Canada.

Well, at Least 200 miles.

• chorle

I like my plug in hybrid but would be reluctant to buy EV only especially as my only vehicle unless California had a more reliable power grid and lower electric prices even if some EV Only cars do have the range you mentioned  

I agree plus I can work on my gas guzzzler easier and safer then electric because I AM NOT A ELECTRICTION.. plus I have a 22 gal tank and get about 24 MPG om the highway so I get about 528 mi a tank on a good day...

How come they never say what it COST to fully charge the elec cars when they have to be plugged in.. I see a few charging stations. I have looked at them and they DO NOT SAY WHAT THE COST IS FOR USING IT. 

I will never buy an electric car, mainly because I prefer a V12 under my butt

• chorle

I hated having a 12 volt battery under my but especially since the VWs we had were older and the back seat would short it out and my butt would be on fire 

Not me, do you realize that you are highly taxed to have one of these electric cars? 

I need one that can carry a round bale of hay, and tow a stock trailer.

A lot depends on what you use it for.  Being ancient and living in London, I can travel free on buses, trains and trams.  I tend to use my car for a few short short journeys each week.  I recently changed to an electric car.  For short journeys it's considerably more economical (my previous car used more petrol to start and get out of the garage than it did driving anywhere).  And when the "fuel" gets low, I just have to plug it in overnight.

If we're still burning coal and natural gas to generate electricity what difference does it make?  We need to find more efficient means of travel AND reduce our energy footprint overall (i.e. we need to actually reduce our use of energy not just find other sources).

• Carson

Don't care I'll be dead by then