Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationAmusement Parks · 3 months ago

Going to disneyworld while pregnant?

pregnant?

So I found out this week I am about pregnant. We had a trip to Disney world planned for this July by then I will be about 30 weeks. Is it still worth it? Will their be many rides I can even go on? Will I get stopped if their is a "no no" ride that I still want to ride?

• ℑℑ

Well, you can exclude any high thrill ride such as a roller coaster. You're pretty much stuck to low thrill rides such as the carousel and maybe ferris wheel. They should have a sign posted near the entrance of the right stating who can, and cannot, ride. You can always ask the ride operator as well if you are unsure.

At the amusement park that I worked at, we weren't allowed to ask someone if they are pregnant or not. I don't know if the same goes for disney. If we think someone is pregnant, we would just ask if they read our rider information sign at the entrance. Will you get stopped? If it's not obvious that you're pregnant, you likely won't. It's ultimately YOUR responsibility to know what rides you can/cannot go on.Please don't risk the life of your child by going on a roller coaster.

I attached a link (below) that lists possible rides that you can go on at Disney world while pregnant.

I agree with MS, and congratulations!

• MS

The last thing I would want to do when 30 weeks pregnant is walk around Disney World in the heat of the summer.  You will be miserable.  There is so much walking to do at Disney, and I imagine that would be especially hard when it's that hot and you're that pregnant.  

And there will be many rides you cannot go on.  They will absolutely stop you if they see you trying to get on a ride you shouldn't, and it's absolutely ridiculous for you to even consider going on those kinds of rides that far along.  You might be able to do really simple things like It's a Small World, Jungle Cruise, Spaceship Earth, Nemo & Friends, maybe even Dumbo, etc.  There are probably a few things at each park that you could do.  But you couldn't do any of the coasters, rides with drops, rides that jerk around, etc. 

But you could still enjoy the shows, the sights, the parades, the food, etc.  It may well still be an enjoyable trip for you.  

Of course, almost every ride has some sort of belt/locking mechanism which in most cases hugs the belly area. I could not see this working as well as you'd hoped for if it was strictly the pleasure for rides. Of course you don't need to be a thrill seeker for rides to enjoy the park. Lots of other things to see and enjoy!

• drip

Is it worth it? Are you asking is it worth it to risk your unborn child’s life by going on a thrill ride?

No it is not worth it.  It can still be worth it to go to Disney . There is a lot to do without going  many of the rides.  Why would you risk it by still going on rides that advise you not to? If you are injured the notice absolve Disney of any responsibility. Ride at your own risk. At almost 8 months pregnant you won’t be able to fit with the  safety harness on, which mean they won’t allow you to ride.

• Mae3 months agoReport

I was just talking about in general going to Disney while pregnant. However I the thought has crossed my mind more then a few times to say screw it and make an attempt. 

I just googled it and while there are some rides that they advise you not to go on most are ok. It’s still a huge fun experience even if you don’t go on something fast, unlike some theme parks where there’s nothing to do without rides. You should probably try to move the trip as far back as possible if you like fast rides, it’s most expensive in summer months anyway so I’d recommend something like April. 

i would just go and dont go on rides if youre worried about it

I've never gone to Disney world in Florida but I have gone to disney land in California. If they're similar then I think you'll still have fun going. Disney doesn't have to many rides for older people they're mostly slow nice rides.