ghj asked in TravelUnited KingdomManchester · 1 month ago

What will it be like commuting in Manchester during Peak hours? City centre to Ashton-Under-Lyne?

I have just got offered an interview for a job in Ashton-Under-Lyne, will be living close to the city center. 

Does anyone know what the typical commute of 8.3 miles to work will be like? My working hours are 9-6 Monday to Friday. I have just heard that Manchester city centre can be tricky. 

If anyone knows a good estimate or range of how long it takes or if you live in Manchester yourself please let me know, thanks!

• TSK

So so...Tram best from Ashton....Bus or car slow...

• Maxi

Most will jump on a bus....... tie for you to research bus tietables and check out for yourself how long it takes

Are you planning on driving, or using public transport?

• ghj1 month agoReport

Driving, or biking to Piccadilly station and getting the train!

• Tavy

My son lived there, every few yards in the centre are traffic lights, never seen so many in a small area.

• Mark

Traffic on the Mancunian Way can be awful.