Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsSwimming & Diving · 9 months ago

Is it possible for a person to hold their breath under water for 2 minutes? ?

Just curious.....

It could be possible.

Yes you can train yourself to hold your breath under water for 2 minutes and a lot longer. There is a danger however. Even highly trained swimmers can experience an unexpected blackout. It will come on all of a sudden and then you will have no means to propel yourself to the surface.

Anytime you ever practice extending your breath underwater, there should ALWAYS be someone present who has both the strength to pull you out of the water and knowledge of the correct technique to use for resuscitation.

Yeah, it is possible.

I am able to do this as it helps that I wear a mask when I am swimming and what I do is "swallow" my breaths and stay under for as long as needed and when I come up, I have usually been under for at least 2.5 minutes.

Yes, it's not only possible, but it's not a particularly amazing feat 

Yes, that's possible.

Not everyone can do that but some can do that. Ya gotta train or something

Lung training or something.

Yes it could be, some people have long breath.

• geezer

Any adult, in good health, should be able to hold their breath for 2 minutes

and it's actually easier to do it underwater because your brain tells you not to breath

for longer than it would if you were just 'holding it' anywhere else.

Maybe not sure

Google it

Wiki it

Dont wait