Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceStandards & Testing · 2 months ago

What happens if I don’t do good in university placement test?

I’m not a good test taker I have to do math and English placement tests in two days I have been out of high school for a while and I forgot everything I learned I’m so nervous to disappoint my family because they want me to get good grade so I can get into college level courses but I’m not sure I can do it any tips?

• drip

You will be placed in remedial math and or English classes. This is only a benefit to you. You will need to pass in those classes before you can move on to credited classes.

• Laurie

What happens if you don’t do *WELL* ... ?

Nothing bad. A placement test is supposed to assess your current ability in the subject so that you can identify the right level of course for you.  You've already been admitted.  The placement test will just help you and the school get you into a class that is most appropriate for your current knowledge and skill.  If that is a remedial class, that's great.  You'll get a chance to dust off your skills and do well.  You should be more concerned that you would not be able to take such a test and you'd end up in a course that was far too advance, and you'd fail as a result.

As an aside, the correct grammar is "don't do well," not "don't do good."  The rule of thumb is that good is an adjective and well is an adverb. Good modifies a noun; something can be or seem good. Well modifies a verb; an action can be done well. "Do" is a verb.

• Stoo

1) don't do well

2) periods are your friends

3) if you're not ready for university yet, ask them what remedial education you can do to become ready

4) if this is how you write, you're not ready.