My neighbors have 13 people living in there house. All own a car?

I live in a neighborhood and recently the people in front of me moved in. They have 13 people living in there house.. every single one owns a car. Everyday they take up half of the neighborhood parking spots. They park right in front of my house too so I no longer can park my car there. It’s annoying and am I being grumpy about it? Im tired if coming home and not being able to park in front of my house. Is it even legal to have that many people in a house?! What can I do? 

• Hockey

*their

*their

We cannot know if it is legal or illegal to live with that many people in a house, that depends on many things you do not mention here.

But hey, here's a novel idea, TALK TO YOUR NEIGHBOURS about your concerns.

There where???

If there's no limits to on-street parking, there's nothing you can do about it; you don't own the space outside your house.

Call the police and ask about how many tenants can be in one apartment/home.

Do you have a driveway? Do you have back alley parking? Do you have a garage?

Generally street parking is first come, first served. If they're in violation of night parking rules, report them.

I had to explore the occupancy issue years ago for a single wide trailer.  Unfortunately, I discovered my local law had an unreasonably low standard based on square footage.  13 was the number that could live in a trailer.

Some areas have better laws.  Try contacting code enforcement to see if the law in your area can help. 

First is there "legal on street" parking?  Even if there is Code Enforcement may have an issue with that many cars.  I would suggest you start with the Building and Zoning Department.

Are they renting? ILLEGAL. If one of them owns it - legal. Perhaps, they are doing something illegal in the house. If you can catch them at it, you can break it all up by reporting any illegal activity to the police. Don't be making up stories though. That will get you in big trouble.

There's no limit on the number of cars a person or family can have. Limits on occupancy (number of humans in house) vary from place to place, but it's typically about 2 per bedroom. There's a lot of variation. For example, there might be a limit for rental properties but not for owner-occupied homes. Or the number of children allowed might be more than the number of adults. Or the rule might be one family (regardless of size) per bedroom. But 13 who are all old enough to have a car seems high for a typical house (2-4 bedrooms). Of course, if it's an apartment house with 13 apartments, with one person in each, then that's different.

• Judy

Some places, there are laws limiting the number of unrelated people who can live in one house, but if they're related, or your area doesn't have that law, yes it's legal.

Nobody ever parks in my driveway or garage except me.