Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 8 months ago

Will I have a hard time finding a doctor to do my vasectomy?

I am 26 years old. I am not married and I have no kids.

Will I have a hard time finding a doctor to perform the surgery on me

• ron h

If there's doc's who'll turn a man's dik inside out, there's one that'll cut your cords. Call around, If you're in a smaller town, check for doc's in a bigger nearby city. You should be able to travel one, no more than 2 days after the clip. But unless you've got a genetic problem, I'd look into freezing some sperm for the next 10 years or so.  Quite a few men your age think they'll never want kids, then they do.  Maybe not you, but it happens for a LOT of men. 

• Marvin

Not really, unless you live in a conservative, "one horse", town. I 2as 21 when I had mine. They never asked if I was married or if I had children. That was back in 1988. Doctors are more open minded now.

I am 54 now. I am married now, and have no children.  Well I am adopting one.

Answer is for entertainment purposes only. Zero liability.

Stand up for your rights.

Its your body and your choice as a male.

Avoid any potential child support and have it done right away.

• Jim

You shouldn't . This is a voluntary surgical procedure. Go to a urologist- you should have no problem.

Ask your regular doctor for a referral.

No.

Go to a general practitioner and get a physical - tell them you want to get a vasectomy, and they can give you a referral.

It's that easy.

you never know till you call around

• Bucky

I think many doctors would consider that to be an unethical procedure under the circumstances.

Yes. They'll say you're "too young" and that you'll want kids someday. Just keep looking. There will be a doctor somewhere that will do it.

more than likely, yes