Heck asked in HealthWomen's Health · 12 months ago

Need advice about sanitary products for period?

Idk if it’s TMI or what but I’ve been fed up with this so I just need to get resources from somewhere, anywhere. I’ve googled and asked people close to me and I still have no idea what to do. When I first got my period at 12 I could insert a tampon easily without really any trouble and it was fine. I only used them once in a while and then I stopped wearing them completely for about 4 years. Now I’m 17 and I’m trying to use a diva cup but I have no idea how to insert. I try different positions and try to relax but when I try to insert it, it’s like I’m hitting a wall and the diva cup or even a tampon won’t insert. I angle it how it’s supposed to be angled but it’s like nothing works. I try to relax as much as possible. I haven’t asked a doctor because I mean,, what are they supposed to do? Insert it for me? I’m just looking to see if anyone could provide me with some resources that could be helpful. I hate using pads so much. I feel yucky and I’m always scared My pants will be stained at school or in public. I mean if I have to wear pads forever then it is what it is, but I’d really like to move on to other products.

• sian

You'll have to see a female nurse, doctor, or gynaecologist. We can't advise you here. I personally prefer "towels" to tampons, but if you see a professional, she can take you through the different things.