Anonymous

I am Hispanic, a Mexican?

My mom is Mexican with Indigenous with little European blood and my dad is a white Mexican, criollo of Spanish and possibly German descent, he's adopted btw. What does that make me? A mestizo is a person born half native indigenous half European and a castizo is a person who is mostly European with little or hardly indigenous blood.

Never mind, the question mark, in case I didnt make it quite clear. The real question is that what am I since my mom is native indigenous with little European blood and my dad is of European blood, both born in Mexico. Idk if I am a Castiza, a person who is mostly European with little or hardly indigenous blood while a mestizo is a person is half indigenous and European.

• Zirp

If your passport says you are mexican, you are legally mexican..

If you've spoken Spanish all your life, you are Hispanic

Don't worry about racist fairytales

Parts of mexico were once called Nova Hispania, It's different from people who came from Iberia Hispania ... It's just like there's a New England in the US, we know they're not Englishmen.

You can also say Mezoamerican, Metzio or Mezita (those words are different from Mestizo, they're land based as opposed to race base).

And none of your family comes from Valle Latina (Rome). Thank you for not using the term Latin.

< What does that make me? >

In short, Homo Sapiens.  We are all related if we go far enough back.

If you were born in Mexico yes.