Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicComics & Animation · 8 months ago

Who remembers when media could have female characters without pitching 'female representation'?

Hey Paul Feig, ever heard of Extreme Ghostbusters? Leader was a female Ghostbuster and...NOBODY CARED because the show wasn't focused solely on Kylie Griffin being a girl for 'female representation'.

This chick is tired of being told to like something solely for 'female representation', specifically when it is by far worse than anything else out there I'm looking at you Ghostbusters 2016.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

I think people want proper representation in media and so big companies are trying to cash in on that and get popular by making 'representation' while many people in the audience want to look progressive by liking whatever it is offered to them. It's a demand, I guess unlike back then when, while people wanted representation and acceptance, too, it wasn't really a big focus as it is today.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Black people have dealt with this issue for a while too.

Representation unto itself is not a recipe for change nor is it going to show you in a light that's accurate or desirable.

Representation is mostly good for children and impressionable minds.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Now is when media could have female characters without pitching 'female representation'.

And hardly anyone has heard of the failed show _Extreme Ghostbusters_.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

There’s been strong female characters and characters of color for years in Hollywood. But modern day liberal’s fail to look at the pass. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.