Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsGames & GearPC · 2 months ago

Why are PC Gamers so obnoxious?

Constantly need to exaggerate the greatness of the PC Master Race telling everyone they built their monster rigs with a buck and a quarter. When all you ever see PC Gamers do is btch endlessly online, constantly needing to trouble shoot, crying about 'evil publishers' they 'morally pirate' games from to 'boycott', etc. Or talk more about the game settings and mods than the actual game.

Only thing close to PC Gamers is PS Fanboys from 2013 acting like the PS4 was the second coming of Christ.

Favorite Answer

The fact of the matter is, some people need to constantly re-assure themselves that their poor decisions on spending money were somehow worthwhile and justified.

When you get right down to it, most people probably don't need to spend $2500 on a powerful gaming rig. Indeed, if you told a random person that you plan to spend $2500 on something you're going to use for videogames, they may actually think you're mentally unstable.

BUT... if you remind yourself DAILY of how great your rig is, and constantly inform others of this fact, it allows you to believe that you've made a perfectly wise investment. 

Has it crossed your mind that they're socially inadequate saddos that hide in their safe little game world?

I don't know they must Have some drugs in those games like football 

• Pyrus

Hmm... as a PC Gamer, I can tell you that I'm at least an exception of this. 

If you build a PC correctly though, it can surpass even the greatest of consoles. Though the good way to go about it is to actually make it worthwhile. You can't just go all out, and you can't go sub-par either. Your rig would have to be just right for all of the optimal cost, performance and superiority over consoles.

Anyway, that being said, I don't even log on online forums to "bltch" about, so that's out.

Constantly needing to troubleshoot? Well, I honestly don't see what's wrong with that. I usually troubleshoot on my own, so no biggie. 

Evil Publishers? Well, why do you think people pirate games in the first place? It helps to detect all sorts of bugs. And you do realize that at the end of the day, it's the publishers who are winning THANKS to piracy, right? Such companies have realized that pirates = no sale, NOT lost sale. If you have to pirate, then you weren't going to buy the game in the first place. Despite the latter though, some use piracy as a way to make sure that their money is going to be spent in the right place. In other words, because the game was pirated, the "pirate" would actually go on to buy the real deal after they're done playing the game as a support to the developers. If not, well, there really is no loss there. Why do you think some people EXPLICITLY create games that are DRM free?? Such games are easy to crack, but in return, it helps with sales AND free advertisement! Dunno if you are just ranting or actually did a study about this, but my money is on "you're just ranting", because I actually did my research. To help you out, go look for a software (you read that right) instead of a game, and that "software" is actually an operating system called Windows. See why a titan of a company like Microsoft really doesn't mind it (for personal use that is). Here is a hint: THEY'RE the ones who created the KMSPico that trial resets Windows 10 and 7 over and over again. There are many others, but Microsoft is indeed one of them.

About game settings and mods. I'm actually with you on this one. They aren't worth it. I mean just run the game and if the graphics are good enough without the need to overclock, then who cares?? As for mods, I really don't care either UNLESS it's a bug fixing mod (from Nexus mods for instance), in which case I would use. Other than that, again, who cares? Because I certainly don't.

People get immersed into the gaming world. People tend  to take things serious in a virtual world. It's an addiction when they add an additional game to their collection. 

Lol, yeah, they need to appreciate the game itself and the talent behind the game, instead of focusing on the extra pixels of detail they get on their monster PC rigs, and then griping about their overclocking 'woes' or system crashes, etc.

• Pyrus

Please read my answer as well. Thank you :) I really am not that type of a PC Gamer.