Omar asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 month ago

How would I transfer the complete styles of an MS Word document to another document?

What I actually want is to copy the styles completely, let’s say I have some headings (heading 1, 2, 3,…etc) and paragraphs under each heading, let’s say that the paragraph under heading 1 is formatted to bold, the one under heading 2 is formatted to italic,…etc. 

So I want to copy the whole style to another document so that when I open that document I would see the paragraph under heading 1 is bold, the paragraph under heading 2 is italic,..etc

Would the "Organizer" option in the manage styles function help?

• Lv 7

just save the style in one document before you open the other. then load the saved style from the style list.

• Omar1 month agoReport

I want the styles to be copied and applied automatically

• David

Depending on which version of word - Copy the entire document, when you come to paste the document choose the option source formatting

• Omar1 month agoReport

Well, I want to copy the formatting not the text itself, ex: If source document contains a paragraph with heading 1 style, followed by a paragraph with font color red and bold, then the destination document should have a red and bold paragraph, if preceded by a heading 1 paragraph