Is it expensive to live in New York and its suburbs?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago
    Favourite answer

Oh yes it is. I had a 6 month temporary job there about a year ago, and the cost of living was about 2 to 3 times from where I came from (Wisconsin). If it were not for my company picking up some of the expenses, I would have lost money.

• T'rone
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Very expensive.  You are better off looking for a place that is 10K per month than a 1000$ room.  Queens and the Bronx are cheaper than Manhattan.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Democrat motto: "If it ain't broke, it's under-taxed."

• 9 months ago

..we’re talking millions. Rent in some areas of manhattan. The cost of living in NYC is actual

Insanity. NYC in my opinion is way overrated. People are crammed in like sardines, the smells on the streets are horrendous, the vents in the streets are so potent they literally have these big vessels over the vents so they don’t blow into people’s faces. It’s honestly a rancid city. Everybody’s always in a freakin rush in NYC, you should see the way they freakin drive. I’m from New England and have been to NYC more than a few times. Definitely not my favorite city and certainly nowhere I would want to live. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

I would think so

• MS
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Yes, very expensive.  

• 9 months ago

Yes, It's very expensive.

• k w
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

very, very, very............

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.