Why are human beings so evil?

64 Answers

Relevance
  • Barney
    Lv 6
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

(1 John 5:19) "We know that we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one."

This has been true ever since Adam and Eve gave in to Satan's influence to rebel against the authority of Jehovah God.  Sinful mankind are exhibiting the qualities of the god they worship, in the case of evil ones that is Satan the devil. These qualities are and the conduct they cause people to engage in are listed at Galatians 5:19-21--

"Now the works of the flesh are plainly seen, and they are sexual immorality, uncleanness, brazen conduct,  idolatry, spiritism, hostility, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, dissensions, divisions, sects, envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and things like these. I am forewarning you about these things, the same way I already warned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit God’s Kingdom."That conduct is exactly opposite of the conduct of those who worship the true God, Jehovah.  They endeavor to develop his qualities in their lives, called the fruitage of God's spirit at Galatians 5:22, 23--"On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, 23 mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law."

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I don’t know but I’m worried because I brought a child into this. And I want to die because of the pain of this life but I caused suffering to my son by bringing him into this hell called ‘life’

• 1 month ago

dunno but its probably due to evolutionary biology.

• 1 month ago

The question of evil, as done by humans, is chillingly interesting because if there was no such thing as evil, we could not know of it. As C.S. Lewis put it, "If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning." The fact that there's an inbuilt sense in humans that some deeds are evil indicates that that is because of the reality of good. And God is Good. No-one else is. Humanity has fallen into the cruel grip of that supreme evil, Satan the devil, who plays on our fallen nature to bring us lower and lower down into his pit. Those whose minds are blinded by him and enslaved to him, and that is why there is such evil in the world of humanity - 2 Corinthians 4:1-7 explains much of this.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

'Supposedly" we are the only thing that exist in infinite Space-time.. (YA, OKAY!!)

• 1 month ago

"Evil" is a subjective term. Can you be more specific?

• 1 month ago

because they don't want to live for God: True

• 1 month ago

2timothy3:1-5 it was prophesied 

But only temporarily as brought out at

Psalm37:10

• Michael
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

How Good Will Conquer Evil - https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2006001?q=evil...

• 1 month ago

The reason is we are living during a time called the last days which describe the deteriorating attitude of people who are not serving God. 

New World Translation

2 Timothy 3:1 But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power; and from these turn away. When people apply the standards and principles found in the Bible the change and put on a better personality. 

Ephesians 4:17 So this is what I say and bear witness to in the Lord, that you should no longer go on walking just as the nations also walk, in the futility of their minds. 18 They are in darkness mentally and alienated from the life that belongs to God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the insensitivity of their hearts 19 Having gone past all moral sense, they gave themselves over to brazen conduct to practice every sort of uncleanness with greediness 20 But you did not learn the Christ to be like this, 21 if, indeed, you heard him and were taught by means of him, just as truth is in Jesus. 22 You were taught to put away the old personality that conforms to your former course of conduct and that is being corrupted according to its deceptive desires. 23 And you should continue to be made new in your dominant mental attitude, 24 and should put on the new personality that was created according to God’s will in true righteousness and loyalty.

• 1 month ago

With increased intelligence come increased capacity for good or evil. Also with increased intelligence comes more complex emotions since what we "think" causes what we "feel". This leads to higher levels of irrational delusions not found in lower intelligent animals. This leads to seeing evil when there is none, calling others evil when you are the evil one, doing evil out of ignorance and stupidity and becoming evil when your environment and low self worth put you on the defensive. People generally value good over evil. A primary purpose of religions is to realize their shortcomings and strive to avoid some of the pitfalls of being human (irrationality) in order to become better or at least believe God will forgive you for ironically being human.

• ...Show all comments
    • SBR32277
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

good advice, it certainly does on overcoming the pitfalls of human nature, but so do all other religions, that is sort of their purpose, but because they are written by men, they also contain human errors in judgement as well as faulty information that earlier writers had no awareness of.

• 1 month ago

I would not put it like that. Of course, we all have unfulfilled desires, and sometimes we see a way of achieving them that may harm others, and are tempted to do wrong, but on the whole, I would say most people I meet are basically trying to do the right thing.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.