Asking for a 3 year old certificate?

So basically i appeared for some certification exam in 2016 and passed in my college,but i forgot to collect the certificate because i forgot about it,all of a sudden now i remembered it,so should i go and collect it from my teacher,i am fearing that she will shout at me like where were you all this while and all because she is strict and rude,and i would embarrass myself,its not important certificate but i want it,,please give me some motivation

• Katie

Old certificates are collected from Reception - in some schools/colleges they have a high turn over of teacher's/lecturer's.

Be calm and respectful, and make an appointment if necessary. Tell the truth, that you forgot to ask for it, and you hate to trouble her, that you require it for ——, and tell her you learned so much, and you really appreciate what she taught you!

• Cogito

The teacher is unlikely to still have this after three years.

I think you should either phone the reception desk/college secretary/administrator - whoever they have at this college - and explain what you need.  

Ask if they have it in your record file or how you could obtain this.  

If they can get this certificate, they could mail it to you or leave it at the front desk for you to collect.