Do ALL the National food chains Follow-the-same menu recipes?

I haven't Enjoyed eating-out for more than 40 years. <-All the regional restaurant chain outlets have gone so-far into the gutter with their menu-styles / food choices that either taste so bad or taste so bland that I prefer saving my money by cooking at home.

Having returned from another-region, downstate from my home, I notice the very same thing. The menus offer the same style / cooking-selections all-across the country. Is this due to the Dining industry, across-the-board or am I merely-lucky / unlucky to visit the-same-management Corporation which buys Junk food to distribute across the same regional stores / even to "family owned restaurants"?

Favorite Answer

Yes (in theory). Most of the time more than half of the actual product is not even made anywhere near the store or restaurant. They'll come all pre-made where the store just has to heat it up or mix it together, etc. Small restaurants (usually with big prices) do sometimes chop and cook everything themselves but they will still order some things pre-made. Most cole slaw and salads come in a big box from the same place.

If it's a national chain then yes. They're all the same. Think about it, you ever see one McDonald's serving burgers while another serves greek food? No. That's because ots a chain. Chains are supposed to be nearly identical to each other in regards to menu.

For more than 40 years and you needed to tell us?  Try again troll.