Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 9 months ago

Can you get pregnant from having sex while on period?

If your flow was really light and pretty much almost over

Update:

Also no protection used

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago
    Favourite answer

Absolutely.

Sperm can live up to five days in the womb.  If you ovulate early, you can conceive.

• Edna
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

I think it's virtually impossible to get pregnant while you're menstruating (the amount of flow is immaterial). Some people claim that you can, because of the possibility of  'early' ovulation.  They seem to think that a woman can ovulate while she's menstruating, or within a couple of days after her period ends; but I think that's another thing that's virtually impossible for the average woman. There are certain conditions in our bodies that must take place  before a woman will ovulate. 

The reasons I say it's virtually impossible to get pregnant while you're menstruating are: (1) While you're menstruating, there is no mature egg in your body to be fertilized, and there won't be for several days in the future. You won't release a mature egg until you ovulate.  (2) While you're menstruating, you're  expelling the old, unused uterine lining. An intact uterine lining is ESSENTIAL before conception can take place, and it's going to be several days after you menstruate before the lining can rebuild itself enough to sustain a pregnancy. While you're menstruating, you have no lining. (3) You can get pregnant only during ovulation. On average, ovulation doesn't take place until 14 to 15 days after the FIRST day of your period. How many days your period lasts is immaterial. It's the first day that controls everything that happens afterward. 

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Pretty unlikely although if you have a short cycle it's possible.

Day 1, your period starts

Day 4, you have sex at the end

Day 23 is when you should start your next period.  Assuming you are regular, you should ovulate about Day 9.  There are 5 days between Day 4 when you had sex and you ovulate, sperm can live that long but that is pushing it.  If you have more like a 28 day cycle, the chances get much less.

• God
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

It can happen but it's VERY unlikely.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

It is not likely - but also not impossible.

Sperm can live for five days.

There is no guarantee that your remaining period would "rinse out" the sperm.

Ovulation CAN happen early.  

So - if your period stops tomorrow and ovulation happens in two or three more days - that is easily within the time frame that the sperm could live.  

YOU CAN GET PREGNANT ON A DAY YOU DID NOT HAVE SEX.

So - basically - you didn't actually get pregnant while on your period - but sex at the end of a period CAN cause conception up to five days later if ovulation happens while the sperm are still alive.

• edward
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Yes, yes you can

• 9 months ago

No, you can not!!!!

• 9 months ago

Yes.  That's how I have my daughter.  It only takes ovulating a few days early in a textbook cycle.  If you don't want to get pregnant, use protection EVERY time.

• Robert
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

It's not very likely unless your cycle is pretty short.

• 9 months ago

You CAN but it's unlikely. It has nothing to do with your flow- it has to do with whether you've ovulated or not. If there's no egg, then there's nothing to fertilize. Very rarely, a woman may ovulate (release an egg from the ovaries) during her period. But it's more likely to happen in the middle of the cycle. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.