Is a on employment agency willing to work around my schedule if I already have a part time job and it's schedule changes frequently?

For example, I am working at a fast food restaurant but I want to make more money. I don't think I am going to be getting any more hours any time soon so I thought about working through a temp agency.

I just started at my fast food job last week and my shedule has been set one week ahead of time but I don't know if the schedules are prone to change or if my manager will call me in on my days not working.

Is a temp agency willing to work around my schedule?

And if I had to pick one to stay with, should I stay with the temp agency or my fast food job?

I'm only getting 6 hrs a week so far and it's kind of discouraging and demoralizing. There is no knowing if or when I can get more hours.

When I first saw my schedule For the week I wanted to quit right away. 6 hrs a week was not going to be enough.

Update:

Is an employment agency willing to work around my schedule if I already have a part time job and it's schedule changes frequently?*

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Wait a few weeks and see if you get more hours after you prove yourself. If not, look for another job.

• RP
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If the schedule changes frequently, it would be impossible for any prospective employer to work around it.

• Eva
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

A temp agency would have a very hard time working around a changing schedule. When they provide employees to a client, it's usually for a fixed schedule. When you accept an assignment from them, you can't cancel at the last minute because your other job called you in.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.