Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 8 months ago

Housemate is giving me silent treatment ?

She's 22 years old

I find it quite childish 

I was eating and some of my food dropped onto the sofa and left a stain so I used dishwashing liquid and water to clean the stain but it left a bigger mark on the light grey fabric sofa. I then used a vacuum cleaner, hair dryer, kitchen towels and hand towel to try to dry the mark to no avail. I posted a message in the group chat about it. Ever since she's been giving me the silent treatment.

• Rain

I'd say she's being weird if you give someone the silent treatment for make a stain like ooooooh public enemy number one. 

It was childish to eat and spill the food on the "Sofa", that is why you should eat at the dining table! You Stop Being Childish and Buy or Pay For the Entire Cost of the Sofa and then will see what you have to think and say about the "Little Spill & Big Stain!" Put Your $$$ Where Your Mouth Is, Pay For It!

Spend some dough to have the sofa professionally cleaned.

Do you have a question you want answered?  If so ask it.

I, or course have no answers, but I do have some thoughts.

Why are you eating on the sofa?

Why don't you call a professional to fix the stain?

Why did you post about in group chat, and here?

Be grateful for the peace and quiet.

If this is HER SOFA, you will now call a professional furniture cleaner to clean the sofa and you will apologize and eat the cost.

Problem solved.

• ?

Yes, that's pretty childish. Is it her sofa? Offer to get it professionally cleaned. If it's a cushion cover, you can take it to a cleaners. If it's the body of the sofa, you'll have to have a company come in and clean it. 

Next time, don't eat on the sofa. Or throw a bedspread over the sofa so you don't have to worry about every little mark on it. 

Ask her if she wants to scissor it out.

If it's cushion cover take it off and wash in the washing machine Then throw it in the dryer

And your question is...?